Turn-key Scrubber Replacements
TKS offers design/build services for custom conversions of wet scrubber spray booths to a dry scrubber paint booth for many industrial manufacturing industries.
We have built and converted paint booths to the following types:
- i-Dry scrubber cardboard filter dry booth
- limestone scrubber dry booth
- three-stage filter paint booths
- two-stage filter paint booths
- custom spec filter paint booths
- vertical filter scrubbers
- horizontal filter scrubbers
- manual zone paint booths
- automated/robot zone paint booths
- dry scrubbers
- And more.
TKS has designed and built dry scrubber paint spray booths for major Fortune 500 manufacturers, including:
- Automotive OEMs:
- Heavy Trucking / Semi trucks:
- Navistar Truck
- Navistar Chassis
A dry scrubber spray booth design include two main types:
Learn more about the entire Paint System
See completed Paint Booth Projects
- i-Dry Scrubber Cardboard filters: This type of dry scrubber consists of three layers of filtration, achieving 99% filtration efficiency. First, a cardboard box filter with maximum surface area for capturing large paint particles. Second, a craft paper or paint stop (paint arrestor) filter is used to capture medium-sized paint overspray. It can consist of flame-retardant craft paper or non-flammable fiberglass filters. Third, the final stage of filtration is a bag filter to capture the smallest paint particles and escape the first two stages. Typically an F5 class filter, this bag filter can capture all but the smallest 1% of particles from paint overspray.
- Limestone scrubber: Using a very fine limestone powder to capture the wet paint particle overspray, this type of dry scrubber can achieve high particulate removal efficiencies (99.9%). A 6-10 micron powder attaches to the paint particles and get stuck to the specialized cylindrical filters that are drawing the exhaust air through. Over time, the powder builds up on the filters and the pressure drop rises, until the system will shoot a reverse pulse of air to knock off all the limestone/paint particles to a bottom hopper for reuse or disposal.